Monday, May 5, 2008

Stars beat San Jose!!!

The Stars played tonight and beat San Jose in the 4th overtime. The score was 1-1 from early in the 3rd period. There were over 100 shots taken during the whole game. Brenden Morrow finally scored about 9 minutes into the 4OT on a pass from Stephane Robidas during a Stars power play.

Both goalies were amazing tonight. Turco made a Career high and Club record breaking 61 saves which beat out Eddie Belfour's 53. He was our savior in this game. Nabokov made his share of amazing saves. He robbed Brad Richards of the winning goal with an amazing glove save. I have no ill will towards Nabokov. That man can play amazing. I only hate him when we play him. Same as Roberto Luongo of Vancouver.

Nearly 5 1/2 hours of hockey later the Stars win in the 8th longest game in NHL history. That game was amazing and kept all of us on the edge of our seats. Now we are on to the Western Conference Finals against the Detroit Red Wings. I hope we can take them. They are really good this year.

AR and I were going to go to BWW to watch the game, but Snakebites called us and said that we were welcome to come watch with her and Chevelle. So we decided it would be cheaper and easier to go down there. Slim calls me while we are driving to Chevelle's house. Tells me that him and his GF are at my house. Im like umm... Im gone. He wanted to go watch at BWW with us. But I hadnt told him that is where we were going. He just assumed. So he wants to know if Chevelle cares if he comes over. Slim is kinda annoying btw. We felt bad telling him no. But AR and Snakebites both dont like him much. AR just tolerates him. She once compared him to a fungus. He grows on you, you dont like it, but you just get used to it and its hard to get rid of. That and he would have been drinking all of the beer we had, and that is no bueno. We felt bad because we all like his GF. Shes not annoying. So we just told him we would hang with him after the game. But of course that didnt happen since it ended so late and he has to work in the morning.

Chevelle is actually getting into hockey a bit more than I thought he yells at the TV and will force himself to stay up late to see a game even though he has to wake up at 4:15 am for work every day. He stayed up through the 2nd OT. He just couldnt take not sleeping. He works a warehouse job and needs to be somewhat rested. Which we all understand. AR and I were gonna leave during the intermission and go to BWW to finish the game so they could sleep. Snakebites told us that we could stay since she was gonna stay up and finish the game anyways. She is really nice btw. Used to think she was a bitch, but she has gotten a lot better. We like her now. So Im guessing we will be spending a bit of time with them.

Ok off to do some other stuff. If I need to add more, I can edit haha. Im still excited btw. Haha!! GO STARS!!!

5 comments:

The Covert Lover said...

Oh that's an excellent fungus comparison, I know a couple fungi myself... I think that's what I'll call them from now on! :)

Glad to hear Snakebite is getting better... sometimes the bitching tapers off with age, but not always! lol

Go Stars!

AR's Boyfriend said...

Yea haha. I loved how AR came up with that.

Yea, she is getting much better actually. She was pretty shy in the beginning I think. She just had to get used to us. Now she wants to watch the rest of the Stars games with us. And she got AR's number tonight. So its working out pretty good.

Bizarre Avril X said...

I love the fungus thing lol. That is right clever. I work with a couple people that that term would apply wonderfully to.

The game was fantastic! I had been up so early that day and was so tired. I had to drink two red bulls to make it to the end of the game without passing out lol. Was well worth it! Go Stars!

AR's Boyfriend said...

I was wondering if you stayed up to watch the whole thing since you get up early for work and stuff. The fungus thing is awesome. But the game was well worth sitting there for 5 hours haha.

Bizarre Avril X said...

I was a half hour late for work! lol I was so jazzed from the red bulls to stay awake that I ended up awake until about half passed two am. Then I woke up late and had to skip my morning shower. I would have been more late. Luckily I had taken one before the game in case I had to stay up late watching. I was some what prepared. I was jumping up and down and spilled the last quarter of my second redbull. I am a tad nervous about Detroit.