Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bored and getting tired.

Hello again folks. Yes, Its me, posting again so soon. What, its been like a day? Exactly. Oh well, I am trying to post more around here.

I figured something out today about what I was trying to do for a new job. I knew I would have to file a 1099 because I would be an independant contractor. Which means I have to pay my taxes at the end of the year. So I would need to take about 30% of my wages and put them back to pay my taxes. Of course deductions would cover some of that, but I wont have enough to cover all of that. The way I look at it is. Average $540 a week but I assume low, so $500. I would need to hold back $150. So that makes my weekly pay about 350. Which is not much more than I am making now. And then I have to pay for gas, maintenence, and all of my other expenses. So it sucks. I am really gonna have to say no to that job.

I wanted to go to the state fair today, but I woke up late and had other stuff to do. I mailed out AR's package today. I sent her a good bunch of stuff. She will love everything. Then I was really hungry and I went to go get some food with Foghat at On the Border. Then I came home and am just chilling here all night.

Well I ran out of things to say. So Im gonna get off here. Later all.

4 comments:

Ashly Star said...

Yay presents! :)

I love you. Even though you forgot to talk about the most awesome part of your evening. You know, the part where you got to talk to me. :D

AR's Boyfriend said...

Thats true, I did forget to do that. But yes, the most awesome part was that. :)

Another Suburban Mom said...

So, what are you going to do with your job?

I do Human Resources for a living and look at hundreds of resumes and letters.

Since a friend of AR is a friend of mine, feel free to email me yours (go to my blog or AR for the email) and I will be happy to provide comment.

AR's Boyfriend said...

ASM: Im gonna stay there for now until I can find another job. I am probably going to go back to being a delivery driver.

I can send you my resume. I just had a friend who does the same thing you do look my old one over and revamp it for me. Ill see what you think of it.