Sunday, January 25, 2009

Im not dead!!

Ok, So its been long enough. I have an extra little bit of time and can post. I do still lurk around on here from time to time, but I have not had the time to actually make a post.
So, lets start with whats been keeping me so busy.

Work. I got my promotion back in November and as I stated in my last post, I am busy as shit. I work 6 days a week for 9-10 hours a day. And I usually pretty fucking busy up there. I love the promotion, but along with that came more than what I thought I was getting into. Not only am I the Internet Sales Manager, but I am also the Used Car Assistant Manager, the guy that runs the key machines, and general task handler of my GM. I sell the cars to people that inquire over the internet, I update the pricing and descriptions online, I have to price the used cars on the lot, I have to keep the used car lot in order, I have to check in the new used cars and run them through the shop and to detail, I still haven't had time to do much work on the website that I spoke of, I deal with the salesmen asking questions about the cars, I have to make key fobs for used cars. I also am starting to help appraise cars as well. I used to be a mechanic so my Used Car manager wants me to check them out and tell him. My GM likes me so that turns into him asking me to do other tasks around there for him because I get my shit done.

Its hard work and I have to find time to sell cars in there somewhere. Which has not been working out. Im not selling many actually, and I should be. But what is going to happen soon is I will be getting the leads and contacting them and setting up appointments and then handing them off to the salesmen to actually sell the cars. I will still have to handle the more difficult leads though. Since I know how to deal with those people. I have to sit down with my boss and make up a new pay plan for this since I wont be getting commission off of those sales and the guys wont want to split deals with me. They want full commission. So I will probably ask for a base salary plus a percentage of commission. Its fair and not uncommon for management. I think it will work better.

I also now have a set schedule at work. My boss didnt like my coming in at 10:30 or later every day and staying til close. I now work 9am-6pm. I will live. I just dont get to talk to AR as much.

I am also worried about the existence of the dealership. It is a problem store for Chrysler. We dont make any money and its in a bad neighborhood. I think they might honestly shut it down by may. And that is what the new GM is there for. His job for Chrysler is to go around to problem stores and try to turn them around and if it does not work, he shuts them down. Unfortunately, I think that is our fate. That store has been an off and on place for years. It has changed hands so many times. It is just in a horrid location.

So here recently one of the managers decided to steal one of my pay checks and cash it. He kept telling me he lost it and there was a big situation around it that is too long and drawn out to explain fully. Well that all finally got settled on saturday. He was fired and arrested. Oh well, he brought it upon his lying theiving ass self.

So AR came out for thanksgiving week. That rocked. I loved having her here. And I also went out there for Christmas. That was awesome as well. I needed a vacation from work and needed to see her. I miss her so much. She is going to be home soon hopefully. But we are still doing great. It is hard at times, but we work through it. I love her so much. :)

Other than that, I go out every once in a while and just hang out with my friends and go see movies. Im boring pretty much. I dont have time to do much. But I will live. I play a lot of online games haha.

If anyone likes browser based games, you might want to check out Samurai of Legend I play it and I enjoy it very much. Its fun and I would be glad to help anyone who signs up and wants to play.

And I also play myspace games. Haha. They are amusing and waste time. Well AR is on the phone now and I think that is all of my updates for now. I hope its not 2 months til I post again. I hope this works for everyone.

3 comments:

Another Ordinary Girl said...

Glad to see you are still alive. Sounds like things are going good for you! Congrats!

Alyssa said...

Car sales can be a rough field, but one which has supported my family for many years. i wish you luck.

AR's Boyfriend said...

AOG: Im glad to still be alive. Things are looking up for me. :) Thank you.

Live: It is a rough field where I am. But Its supporting me very well. Im just trying to work my way up the corporate ladder for now. Thank you!